Account admins can manually add commissions either individually or multiple simultaneously via a CSV file. If you only need to upload a single commission, check out our support article: How do I add a manual commission?
How do I import my commissions in bulk?
To upload commissions in bulk, follow the steps below.
Step 1: In the navigation menu on the left, click "Commissions."
Step 2: Next, click the “Import Commissions” button in the top right corner.
Step 3: A pop-up will appear that includes a sample file that you can download and use as a template for importing your commissions. You can either upload or drag and drop your file into the pop-up.
At minimum, your file will need to include for the following. Please note, the required column headers for your import are in parenthesis.
- Email (email): This is the email address for your ambassador. Please note, if you do not have the ambassador's email address, you can use the short code (short_code) instead.
- Customer's Email (customer_email): This is the email address for the referred contact.
- Campaign (campaign_uid): This is the ID of the campaign that the ambassador has earned a commission in. The campaign ID can be found here.
Here is some additional information you can include in your import. We recommend including as much information as possible.
- Commission Amount (commission_amount): This is the amount for the commission the ambassador is receiving.
- Revenue Amount (revenue_amount): This would be the total from the new customer's purchase.
- Transaction ID (transaction_id): This would be a unique ID generated on your side.
- Approval Status (is_approved): To approve the commission, set to 1. To leave the commission in a pending state, set to 0.
- Event Data (event_data1, event_data2 and event_data3): Event data is custom information that is specific to the commissionable event, such as the plan type the customer purchased. Please note, Event Data must first be enabled and mapped in your Account Settings. You can pass up to three different data points.
- Custom Data (custom1, custom2 and custom3): Custom data is custom information that is related to the ambassador, such as the ambassador's account number. Please note, Custom Data must first be enabled and mapped in your Account Settings. You can pass up to three different data points.
- Referrer ID (internal_id): This is a unique ID generated on your side for the ambassador.
- Customer ID (customer_id): This is a unique ID generated on your side for the customer.
- Customer First Name (first_name): This is the first name of the customer.
- Customer Last Name (last_name): This is the last name of the customer.
Before clicking through to the next step, you'll need to select an email address from the drop-down menu for upload results to be sent to.
When complete, click "Next" to move to the "Mapping" step.
Step 4: In the Mapping step, you will have a chance to verify that the fields you have imported are correctly mapped to the correct data. Please note, there is a box at the top that you'll want to check to ignore the first row of column names.
When complete, click "Next" to move to the "Notify" step.
Step 5: In the Notify step, you'll have a chance to determine which notifications (if any) go to the ambassador and refereed customer.
When complete, click "Next" to move to the "Review" step.
Step 6: After you’ve verified that all information looks correct, click “Finish Upload.” That’s it! We’ll send an email to let you know when your upload is complete.
Other support articles you may be interested in: