If you have existing contacts that you want to auto-enroll as ambassadors or even upload into an unsubscribed list, you can easily add them to your Ambassador account.
How do I import my contacts?
Account admins can manually add contacts either individually or multiple simultaneously via a CSV file. To upload contacts in bulk, follow the steps below.
Step 1: In the navigation menu on the left, click "Contacts."
Step 2: Next, click the “Import Contacts” button in the top right corner.
Step 3: A pop-up will appear that includes a sample file that you can download and use as a template for importing your contacts. You can either upload or drag and drop your CSV file into the pop-up.
At minimum, your CSV file will need to include the contact's email address. We recommend adding as much information as you can, such as the status, segment and contact name. Here is the available information you can include in your import:
- email: This is the email address of your contact.
- first_name: This is the first name of the contact.
- last_name: This is the last name of the contact.
- status: This can be set to enrolled, prospect, banned or unsubscribed. For more information about these statuses, check out our support article: Contacts Overview
- segment: Add the segment ID for the group the contact should be added to. Please note, to find the group ID, go to the Segments section here.
- uid: If you have a unique ID for this contact, you can use this column header to include the ID.
- password: Use this if you would like to set a specific password for your contact.
- paypal_email: Use this if you are using PayPal for payouts and have your contact's PayPal email address.
- company: This is the company name of your contact.
- street, city, state and/or country: The address of your contact can be imported using these column headers.
- custom1, custom2 and custom3: If you are using one of the three custom labels in your Account settings, those can be imported using these column headers.
- sandbox: If you are importing test contacts, set this to 1 for true.
Before clicking through to the next step, you'll need to select an email address for import results to be sent to. If there are any errors, such as a contact already existing, a notification will be sent to the email address you select here.
Step 4: Once you've clicked "Next," you'll move on to the "Mapping" step. This is where you'll verify that the information in your import is associated to the right data. If you included column headers, make sure you check the box next to "First row contains column names."
When complete, click "Next." Please note, if you do not include the status or the segment in your file, you'll be asked to make these selections within additional steps in the pop-up.
Step 5: If you've uploaded contacts with a status of prospect, unsubscribed or banned, skip ahead Step 6 in these instructions.
If you've selected a status of enrolled, you'll need to complete one last step under "Notify." This is where you can select to send nothing, the New Ambassador welcome email or the Campaign Access email. For details on the difference between the New Ambassador and Campaign Access email, check out our support article: What emails can be sent by Ambassador?
Please note, if you intend to send the New Ambassador welcome email, we recommend opting to send it at the time of importing. Sending the welcome email after the import will require your ambassador to reset their password as a temporary password is only sent at the time of enrollment.
When complete, click "Next."
Step 6: Once you've gone through all of the steps, you'll have the chance to review your selections before clicking "Finish Import." Once the import is complete, you will receive an email notification.
Other support articles you may be interested in: