There are several emails that you can configure to be sent to your ambassadors throughout their participation in your referral program.
While templates are provided for each of these emails, it is important that the messages sent on your behalf reflect the look and feel of your brand. For steps to personalize your emails, check out our support article: How do I customize emails sent by Ambassador?
What emails can be sent to my ambassadors?
These emails can be sent to your ambassadors based on the following triggers:
- New Ambassador: This welcome email is sent when an ambassador is initially enrolled in your referral program; it can be triggered whether the ambassador is manually or automatically enrolled. This message typically includes program information such as the ambassador's unique referral link and the login credentials to sign into your portal. Please note, unless manually triggered, this email only goes out once when the ambassador is first enrolled in the program. The email will not be sent each time an ambassador is enrolled in a new campaign.
- Pending Commission: When a referee has completed the event that would trigger a reward for your ambassador, the ambassador will receive this email to let them know they have a commission that is pending approval.
- Approved Commission: If you approve a pending commission, your ambassador will receive this email.
- Denied Commission: If you deny a pending commission, your ambassador will receive this email.
- Pending Welcome Bonus: If you are providing a welcome bonus for the referee, the new customer will receive this email when their commission is pending.
- Approved Welcome Bonus: If you approve the pending welcome bonus for a referee, the new customer will receive this email.
- Fulfilled Payout: Once you’ve actually sent the payment for an approved commission, your ambassador will receive this email. Please note, if you are using gift cards to pay your ambassadors, the Gift Card Payout email will go out in lieu of the Fulfilled Payout email. This Gift Card Payout email will not be visible in your account until gift cards are enabled as your payment method.
- Update Payment Info: This email is sent when an ambassador needs to update their PayPal information to receive a payout. Please note, this email is not sent automatically, it must be manually triggered.
- Forgot Password: When an ambassador requests a password reset, this email is sent containing a link to update their password.
- Ambassador Activated: The content of this email should be similar to your welcome email. It is sent when someone is unsubscribed or banned and later re-enrolled.
- Ambassador Deactivated: This email is sent when you unsubscribe or ban an ambassador. Please note, the notification will only be triggered if you opt to send it.
- Campaign Access: This email allows you to send a notification each time an ambassador is enrolled in a new campaign. For instance, this email can be used if you have a tiered program where an ambassador moves from a lower to higher incentive. As the ambassador moves up to the next campaign, this email can be triggered to let them know about the new incentive. Please note, if you have enabled both the New Ambassador and Campaign Access emails, both will be sent to the ambassador upon enrolling in your referral program. We recommend only using one of these emails, not both.
How do I enable or disable an email?
Most of the emails sent to your ambassadors can be toggled on or off within each of your campaigns. For steps to enable or disable these emails in your campaigns, check out our support article: How do I customize emails sent by Ambassador?
Certain emails, such as New Ambassador, Fulfilled Payout, Ambassador Activated and Ambassador Deactivated emails, cannot be enabled or disabled within the campaign. Your notification preferences for these emails are applied on an account-level within your settings under "Notifications."